2. I can walk by myself.
3. I am strong enough to enforce my boundaries, keeping the bad influences out.
4. I am strong enough to leave my parents’ house under my own power, and to support myself without too much of their help.
5. I am strong enough to take on the problems of others.
6. I am strong enough to wed and have children of my own, or sustain some other type of family unit.
7. I am strong enough to take down the boundaries I erected in my youth, and let anyone trample me who wishes to.
I wrote that in February 2002, when I was a little bit crazy. I am putting it here now because it feels like I’ve finally made an entire loop around the track, and I’m reaching that point again. Hopefully with a little more perspective this time.